Bikepacker’s Companion eBook
Your Experienced Riding Buddy, in eBook Form
Like an experienced riding buddy in eBook form, the Bikepacker’s Pocket Companion is there for you when you need it most. The mobile-friendly PDF file contains 140 pages packed with how to’s, problem solving tips, and hard-earned wisdom from the road and trail. Download it to your smartphone before your next adventure for a wealth of bikepacking knowledge at your fingertips.
This mobile-friendly bikepacking reference includes highly specialized tips on:
- Camping and outdoor skills
- Food and water
- Bike repair
- Body repair
- Towns and resupplying
- Riding skills for varied terrain
- Problem solving and emergencies
- Mindset and mental strategies
- And LOTS more
Optimized for Easy Use on the Trail or Road
This PDF eBook is thoughtfully designed to provide help when you need it most (like in the middle of nowhere with no internet connection).
- Instant PDF download
- 140+ mobile-friendly pages
- Small file size
- Interactive table of contents
Packed with Thoughtful Details
Get just-in-time instructions and clever tips for those quirky situations that tend to come up while bikepacking:
- Stealth camping
- Gear repair
- Hitchhiking and unplanned transport
- Deterring bike theft
- Boxing a bike for transport
- Storing food safely in bear country
- Diagnosing weird bike noises
- Packing gear for airport security
- Sending and receiving mail drops
- And much more!
Solutions for “Oh Sh!t” Moments
Information you didn’t know you needed… until you REALLY need it.
- What to do with a catastrophically broken derailleur
- Where to sleep in a town with no campgrounds or motels
- Chamois cream substitutes
- How to remove a tick
- Can you use a 27.5″ tube in a 29″ tire?
- What do poison oak and poison ivy look like?
- What happens when you press SOS on your satellite device?
- CPR and basic first aid refresher
- … and lots more!
What’s NOT Included
Planning. This book will help somewhat with planning because you’ll learn what to expect while bikepacking, but it’s mostly about helping you once you’re on the road.
For help with itinerary design, gear checklists, bike prep, and other pre-trip topics, see the Bikepacking Trip Planner Workbook. It’s an excellent complement to the Bikepacker’s Pocket Companion for newer riders. If you buy both together, use discount code GOBIKEPACK at checkout for $2 off.
The Bikepacker’s Companion eBook is for you if:
- You’re new to bikepacking and excited to get started, but want help learning the basics.
- You have some bikepacking experience already, but want to take on a longer and more remote trip.
- You’re already into bikepacking but still value a handy reference guide, because you know there’s always a new surprise around the corner…
You can do it! You are capable and qualified. Bikepacking is not rocket science. And the Bikepacker’s Pocket Companion is here for you, just in case.
About the Author
Hi there! I’m Alissa, a bike-obsessed adventurer and active member of the bikepacking community with over 17,000 miles of bikepacking and touring under my wheels. I believe outdoor adventure and thoughtful travel can help make the world a better place. Learn more.