Bikepacking Trip Planner Workbook + Templates
Step-by-Step Guide to Planning Your First or Biggest Bikepacking Trip
Intrigued by bikepacking but feeling overwhelmed by all the details? I completely understand, and I’ve been there! If I could sit down with you and walk you through the entire prep process, and then go riding with you, I would. This guided workbook is the closest thing I could come up with.
This unique interactive workbook will give you the confidence to head out on your first or biggest bikepacking trip knowing you’ve covered all the bases. It’s packed full of tables and checklists, key questions with space for your answers, and recommendations based on thousands of miles of bikepacking experience. You’ll get help organizing your thoughts and plans for your specific bikepacking adventure while learning the fundamentals of trip planning in general.
What you’ll get:
- 40 page editable Google Doc full of planning guidance and interactive tables, checklists, and worksheets
- 8 editable Google Sheet templates for key topics: meal prep, resupply planning, itinerary, packing list, emergency plan, and more
- PDF version of the workbook (not editable) for those who prefer
- Instructions for viewing and editing your workbook on your smartphone without an internet connection, so you can take it with you into the middle of nowhere.
Important: This product is in Google Doc format, similar to Microsoft Word but stored in the cloud and edited using a web browser. To get the full value you will need a Google account (but NOT necessarily a Gmail address). The setup process is fast and easy, and instructions will be included. If you really don’t want to use Google Docs you can still read through the PDF version, but you won’t be able to save your work.
The Bikepacking Trip Planner Workbook includes guidance and editable worksheets covering ten important topics:
- Route and Navigation
- Food and Resupply
- Water Refill and Treatment
- Camping and Lodging
- Itinerary: Putting it All Together
- Gear and Packing
- Emergency Planning
- Bike Prep and Repair
- Coordinating With Riding Companions
- Final To Do Checklist
As you read through the information and fill in your details, you’ll be guided through answering questions like these for your specific trip:
- How much food and water should I carry?
- How far can I expect to ride each day?
- Where and when should I resupply food and water?
- What gear do I need and how do I pack it?
- What sort of bailout plan do I need in order to stay safe?
- Is my bike in good condition and ready to roll?
- Am I on the same page as my riding companions?
- What else am I forgetting?
Is this right for you?
This workbook is for you if:
- You’ve never bikepacked before and want help planning your first trip.
- You’ve tagged along on a few trips and want to graduate to planning your own.
- You’re taking on a longer or more complex trip and need help organizing all the details.
- You’re excited about bikepacking but worried you’ll get yourself into trouble because you don’t know what you’re doing (yet!).
This might NOT be for you if:
- You’ve already done a few trips and are comfortable planning and organizing your own logistics.
- You prefer to wing it and don’t have patience for detailed planning.
- You hate Google Docs and Sheets, or have never used them before (though this could be a good time to learn…).
- You don’t have a Google account (doesn’t have to be a Gmail address, just a Google Account) and don’t want to create one. You can still read and learn from the PDF version, but it’s much more limited.
Bikepacking Bundle Discount
Also interested in the Bikepacker’s Companion eBook? Buy both at the same time and get $2 off by entering code GOBIKEPACK at checkout.