Bikepacking Trip Planner Workbook
Step-by-Step Guide to Planning Your Bikepacking Trip
This interactive trip planning guide is packed with checklists, key questions, and recommendations to take the worry out of planning. Get guidance on food, water, gear and packing, daily mileage, emergency planning, bike checkup, transport and logistics, and more. You’ll work through the details on your own, learning the important considerations of trip planning in the process.
The workbook includes:
- 10 interactive worksheets covering food, water, mileage, gear, bike checkup, emergency plan, and more.
- Tips and recommendations to guide new bikepackers through prep and gear decisions.
- Checklists for gear, bike maintenance, and logistics to make sure you won’t forget anything important.
- Instructions for viewing and editing your workbook on your smartphone without an internet connection, so you can take it with you into the middle of nowhere.
Important: This product is a Google Sheet, so you will need a Google account (but NOT necessarily a Gmail address) to use it. Creating an account is simple and instructions will be sent with your purchase confirmation. Though this workbook is not particularly complicated, familiarity with spreadsheets in general and ideally Google Sheets in particular are recommended.
Also interested in the Bikepacker’s Companion eBook?? Purchase them together and get $2 off by entering code GOBIKEPACK at checkout.
As you work through the sheets, you’ll be guided through answers to essential questions like these:
- How much food and water should I carry?
- How far can I expect to ride each day?
- What gear do I need and how do I pack it?
- What sort of bailout plan do I need in order to stay safe?
- Is my bike in good condition and ready to roll?
- What else am I forgetting?
This workbook is for you if:
- You’ve never bikepacked before and want help planning your first trip.
- You’ve tagged along on a few trips and want to graduate to planning your own.
- You’re taking on a longer or more complex trip and need help organizing all the details.
- You’re excited about bikepacking but worried you’ll get yourself into trouble because you don’t know what you’re doing (yet!).
This might NOT be for you if:
- You hate spreadsheets or have never used one before.
- You don’t have a Google account (doesn’t have to be a Gmail address, just a Google Account) and don’t want to create one.
- You’ve already done a few trips and are comfortable planning and organizing your own logistics.
- You prefer to “wing it” and don’t have patience for detailed planning.